Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dunna Day

We had our Matoto Gala last night. I'll hold off on saying it was a rousing success until we get the final numbers but we made a profit, everyone had a lot of fun, and even half our alcohol supply accidentally locked away in the kitchen didn't damped the spirits.

You know what did dampen my spirits? The realisation that I took my camera with me and then left it in my bag at the back of the stage. I don't have a single picture of the night. Oh well. Without a working TARDIS there's really nothing I can do about that.

I had big plans for today. It was the day that I was going to get all those little jobs done. You know those jobs, the non-essential jobs you tend to ignore when life is busy. I need to pour drain cleaner down my bathroom sink. I need to actually wash out the litter box. I need to get the vacuum hose underneath the heaters. I need to give the cats' their annual bath to get rid of the excess winter fur...


...Okay, maybe I've been procrastinating on that last one because I enjoy being alive. The point is, I was going to update the layout of the blogs, I was going to respond to a couple of overdue emails, I was going to clean out my fridge, I was going to do so much!

Here's what I did.

I woke up at 6:30 after five hours of sleep. I told my cats, who had come for their morning snuggle, to f* off. I then rolled over and went back to bed.

I woke up just before 9:00, cuddled with the kitties and then actually got out of bed. I showered, dressed, and some how managed to wander down to the coffee shop in time to meet a friend before the Matoto board meeting.

I made it to the Matoto board meeting in a bus driven by a lady who obviously thought she was part of the Melbourne Formula One race going on this weekend. Here's a hint, bus lady, Victoria BC is a long way away from Victoria, Australia.

See? BIG difference!

We had a perhaps surprisingly productive board meeting given our Saturday night, then I came home and I did nothing. Not one of my catch up jobs has been crossed of the list. Save for a 25 min foray over to Subway and back because I was too lazy to cook dinner, I have sat in pretty much the same place on my couch for seven hours.

My mom calls these 'dunna days' for 'do nothing days'. You'd never get anywhere in life on nothing but dunna days, but every once and a while, it's a fantastic way to spend an afternoon.

No comments: