Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Little Corner of the Internet

Woo-hoo! My first blog post as AndreaClaire, well, MsAndreaClaire (because the other one was taken by someone named 'Anne'... hmm). I actually started this blog back in January on another blogging site, but although I found many things I liked better there, I was used to the blogger layout so I stopped writing there after two weeks. As I alluded to, I already have a blog: an anonymous place where I discuss my crazy plan to do something, well, crazy. The only problem is that it’s a very specific blog; it has a purpose and as much as I love it, I needed something for writing, to share stories not related to my crazy plan, and quite frankly, to not be so anonymous. Most of the people reading the other blog know that it’s me doing the writing, but if someone was to randomly stumble across it they’d know that I’m a 30-year-old girl who lives on Canada's West Coast and I just might be certifiably insane; my friends are initials, my job is rarely discussed, and my background is only what is required to explain my story. I am proud of that blog and the changes it has brought about in my life, but I’m a story-teller and not telling the story about my Uncle Frank threatening to make us all walk to Dublin kills me just a little bit inside every time I realise it won’t fit with my theme.

So I decided I needed another blog, a blog which was not limited to being about a specific goal or the fear of giving away too much in my attempt to be anonymous. “This will be a blog,” I told my cats. “Where I can post old stories I’ve finally written down, new stories I need to write, or even just ponder about ideas and life. It will be about me and my life, not a specific goal.” My two cats, who I’m sure will feature prominently, seemed delighted with the idea. So delighted, in fact, that one of them got up and used the littler box. Excited to the point of a bowel movement? It doesn’t get much better than that! I have a couple plans for 'side projects' for this blog (namely this and this) which I will create pages for in the next few days. In the meantime, welcome to my blog. Forgive the lack of content while I get everything set up. Happy reading.

No comments: