Sunday, February 6, 2011

Can I Get a "So Say We All"?

I find dating torture.

There, I said it. Dating sucks. At best, you find someone you want to pursue a relationship with. At worst, you are twenty-five minutes into an hour long hike when he says "I don't really get why people like sci-fi" and you spend the rest of the time in uncomfortable silence. And that right there is the crux of my problem.

If you get this, you just made my heart go pitter-pat.

I'm a geek/nerd/dork/dweeb/incredibly-uncool-but-still-somewhat-normal-person. There are no dating guides for my kind. Cosmo has never written an article about when it's acceptable to bring up the Kirk vs. Picard debate, I've never heard any tips on how to get a guy to watch Doctor Who with me, and no one can give me a definitive answer on when I should confess to having watched every SG-1 episode. (Right now, I'm going with 'never' as the answer for the last one.)

Enter the web series Awkward Embraces and all its nerdy awesomeness. Finally, a show about dating that I can relate to!

3 comments:

The Happy Ranter said...

Wouldn't it be great if someone wrote a book on dating for nerds? Or maybe even if someone put out a zine on the subject? Hhhhmmmm...I wonder who could do that? I know I'd be willing to help if someone ever did. *wink wink nudge nudge*

AndreaClaire said...

Haha. But wouldn't I need to know the answers to put out a book? Or at least, some sort of reason why I think it should be this way or that? "I have no frakkin' idea" is really not a good thesis for a book :)

AndreaClaire said...

Okay, a zine. What do you propose is in it?