Friday, November 11, 2011

To You From Failing Hands

It is Remembrance Day in Canada to honour those who have fought and, in some cases, died for our country. The day has taken on more meaning for me as I get older and I know some of the men and women who currently wear the uniform. I rarely make it through the day now without crying at some point.

About three years ago, I started a tradition of writing to "Any Canadian Forces Member" at this time of year. I pick four or five different operations, usually focusing on lesser known ones, and send my thoughts and thanks on the back of a postcard of Canada. Who doesn't love getting random postcards?

You can participate in the "Any Canadian Forces Member" by following the instructions on this page.

And I encourage you to hug a vet.

No comments: