Monday, April 11, 2011

The Dreaded Lurgy

About two weeks ago, I thought I was on the verge of getting the flu. I had that achy, sore, lethargic feeling so I took a night off dancing and pampered myself with a hot bedtime bevvy and an early bed time. It seemed to do the trick.

By the time last Friday rolled around, I couldn't concentrate on some writing I was working on. The weekend consisted of making myself go out for previously planned social commitments and staring at the same writing trying to will itself to fix what I perceived was wrong with it. "Write yourself better," I moaned repeatedly at it to no avail.

After a busy but very low-key Sunday, I crashed at 9:30. I had to accept defeat to the chest/head/throat thing that had been festering in me for two weeks. I slathered myself with Vicks VapoRub and crawled into bed.

Tonight is going to be a repeat. Hopefully I'll be back to semi-interesting posts in the near future.

1 comment:

rachel's life. said...

ah I hope you're feeling better!! sucks to be ill. yuk