Sunday, December 11, 2011

CMC: Kahlua

This is part of my Christmas Memory Challenge, a goal I set for myself to recall 25 things I love about Christmas. You can also check out Shannon's memories here.

My step-great-grandma - I just called her 'grandma' to keep things simple - came over for dinner every Sunday. In early December, one of those Sunday dinners would include a Kahlua making session once dinner clean up was done. Grandma couldn't stand for long periods of time so as she sat at the breakfast nook, I'd make us all a cup of tea and my stepmom would get started in on the Kahlua.

The majority of the Kahlua got bottled up to be given as gifts but we had to taste some to make sure we were giving people a quality product! The year I was old enough to have a full shot of Kahlua in my coffee was a big deal, let me tell you. And the year I was allowed to keep my own bottle of Kahlua instead of just sharing the family bottle? I HAD ARRIVED, PEOPLE!! Oh yeah!

No comments: