Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pressure On!

Two weeks ago, Under Pressure randomly popped up on my music list. I love Queen and when it started playing, I walked down the street with a grin on my face. I tend to list to the Greatest Hits I more than the II so I don't hear Under Pressure all that often. I switched to repeat and listed to the song five or six times in a row.

I was a child of the late 80's/early 90's and my first introduction to Under Pressure was through Vanilla Ice's Ice, Ice Baby because it was everywhere when it came out. The first time I heard that familiar riff and it wasn't Ice, Ice Baby I almost fell out of my chair. You mean this addictive riff is actually part of a good song?!? YAY!

It was the lyrics of this song which helped propel me to commit to going to Tanzania in 2007 (the part about love daring you to care) so it only seems appropriate that five years later, I start the year by having this song on repeat.

No comments: