Monday, January 3, 2011

Lesson Learned

While grocery shopping yesterday, I happened to spy a little treat I just had to have. It was a passion fruit. I can honestly say I haven't actually seen a passion fruit since I came home from Tanzania and I was overjoyed at the idea of actually having a passion fruit and not just 'passion fruit flavoured'.


I balked at the price of $1.99 per passion fruit. The last time I bought one is was 3 for 200TSH (roughly $0.25) but I so desperately wanted to taste actual passion fruit again.

After I put the groceries away, I popped on the kettle for a cuppa and then set about enjoying the passion fruit. I cut it open, it was exactly how I remembered them looking. I dug my spoon in to one half, eagerly anticipating the moment.


I knew that it wouldn't taste as good as an actual fresh passion fruit, that the taste would be a little duller, but the instant I put that spoon in my mouth I regretted it. The last thing I had done before going for groceries was brush my teeth. 

*Sigh*

I guess I'll have to wait a little longer for that passion fruit experience.

No comments: