Tuesday, May 24, 2011

We're Going to the Finals!

I had a blog post composed in my head for this evening but then something happened: the Canucks game when into double sudden-death overtime. My evening plans were shot as I spent four hours watching the game.

And it was a good, close game. There was no multitasking during this game (unlike a certain 7-3 blowout during which I started doing dishes) so instead of a blog post, you get this:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Canucks are going to the Stanley Cup Finals for the first time in 17 years!

But for right now, I'm going to bed because I'm tired.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had plans other than hockey last night...and who abandoned said plans. That game was unreal...I had to control myself because J had just fallen asleep...but WOOOOO...then I called my mom, who didn't want to talk to me because she was "watching the game, what are you calling?" Ummm...the joys of being able to PAUSE your television (we don't have that luxury). I'm glad there are a few days before the finals start - then I can get caught up on all the stuff I didn't do last night (like the mountain of dishes) and I can prepare myself to have more nights like that during the finals...

If round one was seven games, round two was six, and round three was five, does that mean a sweep in the finals?!?

Shannon said...

PS I can't believe that it's been 17 years...I can't possibly be THAT old, can I?

AndreaClaire said...

I told everyone I was hoping the Boston-Tampa series would go to seven so the Canucks would get some extra rest time. Truthfully, it just means that I have a chance to get prepared for the finals by getting ahead of my chores :)

AndreaClaire said...

And no, you're not that old. You were just very young in 1994 (as was I).
:)