Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hawaii Five-OH!

I got rid of cable last January. The decision itself was somewhat rash, but I had been tossing and turning it around in my head for at least three months prior to actually doing it. I found that I had gotten into the habit of having the TV on all the time. Not because I was watching it, but because I liked background noise. Then I found that I would spend a lazy Saturday doing nothing but flicking for hours.

The great thing about the Internet is that I cancelled my cable but I can still watch my favourite TVs on the cable sites that broadcast them. This makes me feel less guilty about not watching them on TV. Sure, it means that I will have to wait until tomorrow night for The Big Bang Theory which aired tonight (does Sheldon actually have a girlfriend?!?!?), but I'm willing to put up with that when it means that a) I'm saving money and b) I'm not wasting time watching shows I don't actually care about.

This week is the 'big week' of TV shows starting up again. I wasn't able to watch Castle on Monday night, but it was a great way to unwind after dance on Wednesday (seriously, if you don't love Nathan Fillion, I can't be your friend. It's as simple as that.). Not having cable also meant that I didn't have to choose between watching Castle and watching the new Hawaii Five-O. I didn't have to choose between Nathan and Alex. I've had a huge crush on Alex O'Loughlin since his days in Moonlight, so I was super stoked about the idea of him being back on TV on a weekly basis. Plus, it takes place in Hawaii so I'm hoping the show will be increasing the number of shirtless scenes. The first episode left a bit to be desired in that department.

This picture is not from Hawaii Five-O, but any excuse to post it :)



No comments: